Powered by Blogger.

Classics: Wuthering Heights and Sense&Sensibility

by - Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Before I ramble on about the usual topic, allow me to greet you internet travellers the Islamic's version of "hello". Assalamualaikum (peace be upon you) and welcome to my blog!

 I know, I know, it's only been what, two days since my last entry and I'm already trying to post something not-so interesting again. But I just feel like blogging today or should I say tonight since I'm currently living in Malaysia which is this tiny, tiny country in South East Asia. Our country may be small but we have big hearts. He he he. Actually, I've been listening to this really great song sang by Boyce Avenue, Story of My Life. They don't exactly own this AWESOME song (obviously) but personally, I think their version of the song sounds really cool. Hear it out for a few minutes while you scroll down and read this super short entry of mine.



When I hear a good song, I'll replay it over and over again until I'm bored which might take up from a few days to a week. In fact, I'm listening to it right now! :)

Anyway, I've recently tried again and again to give the book Wuthering Heights a go. I heard a lot of people complimented this book which pushed me to buy it in the first place. It sounded interesting too. The problem began when I couldn't understand a single thing to what I was reading. NOTHING. I think I must have wasted 2 or 3 hours failing to unravel what the author is trying to say. Usually, I could do pretty well with other great works like Mansfield Park, Sherlock Holmes, Persuasion and such but this book just makes me go cross-eyed. The plots are all twisted and confusing. However, as a keen reader, I will give this book a chance to prove its worth another time. 
                 

Right now I'm busy reading Sense & Sensibility. I've watched the movie and it seemed ok. I'm only on Chapter 8 but so far, I've enjoyed it very much. Do you guys have any recommendations on what books I should next? I have no idea.  Will write longer and more fabulous entries worthy of your expectations soon. It's getting late. Till next time!

You May Also Like

0 comments