Powered by Blogger.

Wrapping Up Books for Uni!

by - Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Assalamualaikum again to my dear old blog! I've been so caught up with preparations for university life (sort of) that I almost forgot my weekly schedule in maintaining this place. There are just heaps and heaps of documents waiting for me to fill up and get them signed, photos of me to be taken (please remind me to smile) and of course let's not forget the ultimate back-breaking, leg-killer and extremely boring shopping. I dread to go out shopping for really lame reasons like too lazy to walk, spin my head around and around to look at every shop windows and most importantly, going with an empty stomach. I get easily hungry but as you all are aware, I'm really trying to stick to a healthier diet which obviously means no junk food w-h-a-t-s-o-e-v-e-r. However, temptations pretty much follow me wherever I go and it's not making life easier for me. But you know, if we are going to do this "shopping" and it involves something like buying some books I've been eyeing since forever, then I would definitely come along anytime and anywhere. Just kidding!

Astaghfirullah, just look at this! I meant to write a short simple intro because today's topic would be mainly about books and it's not supposed to look like the opening of a global winning award speech (hmm... I could try). Anyway, before I go side-tracked again and you don't want that to happen of course, let's begin with this week's entry! Okay, so you know that I'm into classic literature lately and how I haven't so much as bother to buy new YA books which are the highlight topics in book discussion websites. I don't know, I guess I'm not into them just yet not when I have tons of classic books stacked at home, waiting for me to grab one and read. So as I was saying, since I'm bound to enter in a University soon and finally studying in something I love (English!), I want to bring as many unread books with me as possible mainly classics. Out of the hundreds of books that I have (excluding the baby books please~), I've chosen 6 books to be my close companions as I face the inevitable hardships of Uni life. *BEING DRAMATIC*  


Hold on, before we go in deeper into the subject of books, let me say something. I've finished reading "A Hero for WondLa"!!! The story was so well written and made me hungry for more. I'm definitely going to have my hands on the last book which will come out soon, so self, keep a good lookout for it! See here, I have pasted a photo which as you can see, was terribly taken by shaken hands (mine) but I think you can just figure out what the title of the books are on the spine. These, my dear blog readers, are my comrades who will come with me to Uni.

Displaying 20140514-0002.jpeg


From the top, we have "A Journey to the Centre of the Earth" by Jules Verne. This book is awesome. I've only read the childrens' version a couple of years back when I just started to get to know easy classic reads, and I was totally in love with this book. I loved how thickly filled it was with adventure, mysteries and puzzles, actions and the feel of being among these eager explorers as I join them in their dangerous expedition to the centre of the earth which not many people have discover or survive to tell the tale. Now that I have the COMPLETE version, I'm really looking forward to immerse myself in this book once again. So happy~~

Then we have "Persuasion" by the one and only Jane Austen, one of my favourite authors of all time. I've read this book about half way because I was a little distracted with watching the movie (awesomeee) and never got to finish it afterwards. There is also another factor, reading lots of books at the same time which in my opinion, is not a good idea. I know it helps you in finishing reading lots of books at once but you might get a little muddled. It's a great read and so, I SHALL push myself to finish what is undone. Oh yes, Dracula by Bram Stonker (what a funny name. Please don't come banging on my door if you happen to have a similar name). I have no idea what is the story plot so it will come as a surprise when I come around to read it.

A very ancient looking book on grammar is next. I think it used to be my mum's and it's really old inside. I know that the lecturers will provide with our books but I don't see it a problem to bring my own copy. Sigh, talking about grammar, I really need to do some revisions because there will be an assessment to determine which group I belong to in this programme. What if I got last?! Nope, not going to think about it. Let's move on. 

And last but not least, my new but tattered copy of "David Copperfield" by Charles Dickens. I've also read this book about half way and I've really enjoyed it too. I'm not sure why I didn't complete in reading it but now that I'll be bringing it with me, it will be soon. MUHAHA.

So yeah, this is the end of my entry for this week (maybe) and hopefully, I'd have more time to write another one again this week or the next before I leave. I'm not sure how well I could keep up in updating this blog once I'm starting with my life as a "Uni student" but I just have to try, right? Ok, see you soon!!!!

You May Also Like

0 comments