Powered by Blogger.

Assigments vs. Students

by - Saturday, July 05, 2014

Assalamualaikum everyone and a very happy fasting day! It's been a while since I've updated this blog. Just so you know, I've been spending most of my precious time fighting off the endless stacks of assignments appointed to my classmates and I. In fact, in less than a week, I have up to 7 assignments needed to be done; which consists of revising over two subjects, creating 2 presentation slides, writing out a 200 words journal (sharp), self-study a few subtopics in Malaysian Studies after so many class cancellations that I was worried my class is left behind and lastly, a research for computer literacy. It's not hard at all to complete these "quests" but they are time-consuming and I'm pretty sure it's a good thing specifically because it's Ramadhan. It would help to pass the time doing something beneficial. But I am hoping to catch up on my reading despite all this squeezing the little freedom I have left. 

I'm a little unwell at the moment so excuse anything lame that I say. It might get a little bit boring but I've been neglecting this blog for too long and it's high time I spring clean it. So, let's move on before I sneeze my laptop in half or worse, spread my virus to you, if you know what I mean.... I know, talk about a lame joke. Oh, well. Anyway, classes were okay. I got an awesome and dedicated bunch of lecturers, freaky classmates and the best housemates I could ever ask for. However, all in all, I think I'm very lucky to have so many good things in the space of less than a month. Of course, I do miss my family a lot  (wish you guys were here~~~) but I'm sure they're proud to know that I am coping rather well here.


Okay, moving on to my reading, shall we? I thought I could manage fine with my reading time here but I only have a few brief moments to do so. Assignments and studies are taking up so much of my time. However, whenever I have my freedoms back in my hands, I'll use them to go through my BBW books! Here we go...... This month, I dug into Hush Hush and Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick and I am now currently reading Fearless 2 by Francine Pascal (awesomee). 

Hush Hush reminded me a little bit of Twilight, specifically the character Patch who is quite similar to Edward Cullens. Too perfect and grins too much for my taste and does nothing much in the story. But the plots were okay and I quite like the protagonist, Nora Grey. She may be called weak minded but she's tough and strong in her own way. I like strong-willed female characters in the books I read probably because it's reassuring to know that women can be strong even in a fiction created world. This book isn't as awesome as the Hunger Games or Harry Potter series, but I give it an okay. I could just see myself reading this book again in the near future.


Crescendo was a bit of a disappointment. Nora was a bit too emotional and irrational when dealing with her frail relationship with Patch. I mean, at least try to hear the guy out and carry out strategic plans when snooping for information and then decide on what she can do about it. I find it almost frustrating when she literally runs away from her problems. I know the author is trying to make Nora sound as realistic as possible, writing out things that we would do if we were in Nora's shoes. However, I find the character Nora I'm reading in Crescendo isn't that same tough girl I know in Hush Hush. But again, this is my own personal point of view  regarding to the books. I'm sure other people would like them and others don't.


Moving on to Fearless 2, I'm only on page 123 but I'm totally hooked to this story. I can't give any reviews just yet since I'm barely close to finishing this book let alone anywhere in the middle. But like I said, it's really good so far. And in case you were wondering, I don't have the first book to this series so I'm pretty sure I'm missing out on a lot of things. I will go out on a hunt for this book real soon.


Oh yes, North and South by Elizebeth Gaskell. I'm also reading this book at the same time as Fearless 2. I bought this classical book from BBW too for only RM8 which is a good price if I must say. Doing a slow progress with this one (with Fearless in my hands who could possibly resist) but North and South is a book you guys should give it a go.

Okay, enough with my babbling. It's time to end today's blog. I can't promise when will I post for my next entry but I'm determine not to abandon it all together. See you guys soon!

You May Also Like

0 comments