Powered by Blogger.

Horrors of Exam Week

by - Saturday, September 27, 2014

It's the exam week at the moment and I haven't been myself ever since it first started. Instead of being the usual happy and bubbly self I am, I'm now a zombie with massive eye bags under each excruciating eye, a runny nose that never fails to STOP WORKING 24/7 and numb legs after sitting and crouching behind my desk all day, studying.  Despite all of this negativity, I somehow and I don't know why or how, manage to stay hyper and radiating positive vibes to everyone. 

The only thing I'm worried about is the possibility of me fainting during the least unexpected moments and crashing face flat on the ground after all that "happy-rainbow-sprinkles" happiness aura is empty after being leeched out by exams. But so far, I think I'm doing quite great considering recent circumstances which I will tell you as we go on about me and my awesomeness... Just kidding! There's really nothing to say. I mean what is there to talk about; exam papers?

Now that I think about it, I guess there's a lot say after all. I'm just typing out everything that comes to head with no plans or guidelines whatsoever. I hope my hands and fingers are prepared to type everything out before they completely fall off and I have to massage them to bring them to life once again. I just had grammar not too long ago and the trauma I experienced from the exam hall is still deeply embedded within my very bones. The questions were all either too tricky for words for great minds to comprehend, or quite alright but then hey, since when does exams come easy? They are specially made to mentally squeeze our brain cells to a microscopic pulp. 

Take the grammar paper today for instance. I'm not too bad in this particular subject but when I'm forced to sit and answer pages after pages of grammar questions, my mind just goes blank and I could feel the clockwork deep within my brain slowing to a lazy pace. In fact, I created a theory, a delusional and  not scientifically proven one too, that maths and grammar are identical twins. Seriously, has anyone ever thought of the likeness they both share and how perfectly they are together? 

But that's not the end of it. Oh no, there are plenty of juicy stories to tell, one that will no doubt humiliate and haunt me for the rest of my life. Maybe. Anyway, I had a listening test the other day where I have to listen to a couple of conversations between two people while filling in the answers in the question sheets. Quite similar to IELTS. It sounds easy, am I right? Wrong, wrong, wrong. The two speakers were talking way too fast  and their Malay-English accent didn't help the situation either. I soon found myself staring at the plain yellow painted wall in front of me, astounded, mind-blowing, stunned, shocked, .... and yes, a lot more mouthful of adjectives that summarizes how I felt for 15 long minutes. You get the idea. I think my eyes must have rolled back into their sockets for extra dramatic effects (if you know what I mean). I stared blankly at the invigilator who was sitting comfortably in front of me and for some reason, she stared at me back and smiled encouragingly. I didn't need smiles back there, just a really good speaker for the test. Even so, at the end of the day, it was kind of fun to answer the questions.

If you are ever in need of a good place to cool off from the hot tropical sun and then freeze to the bones, then I highly recommend you to try and stay in the examination hall for a couple of good minutes. I can guarantee you'll cool off until your toes are chilled enough to fall off. I like being in cool places but I too have certain limits when it comes to  extreme situations very much like then. The only thing I remember when I was sitting for the exams was my constant sniffing. Gosh, I hope I didn't riled anyone up with it. hehe... 

 Okay, I think that's as far as my fingers could go. Until we meet again... Assalamualaikum.

















Bloopers 
I went to a small store near campus to top up my phone credit since it expired on that same day. I told the lady behind the counter what I wanted and when she asked for my money, I soon realized I didn't bring my money with me. Genius... And so with whatever dignity I had left, I smiled awkwardly and slowly (yet surely) slid  out of the store and walked quickly back to campus to fetch my purse. When I came back (this time with a wrinkled RM10 note in my clutched hands), the lady smiled knowingly. "You've got your money, right?" she asked. And I was so embarrassed. Hopefully, I'll never have to go through THAT again. It wasn't my first in that store either. Genius...

True story.




Goodbye...




You May Also Like

0 comments