Powered by Blogger.

Being My Own

by - Sunday, September 13, 2015

Assalamualaikum, Internet travellers. 

Today marks the second week that I have started my new life in a brand new semester in University for degree. For those who are curious, I’m currently pursuing my studies in English or to be more specific; English Professional for Communication (EPC).

To be honest, I was split apart between choosing English Literature in UM and USM or EPC here, but after much thinking and just staring through blank walls for a couple of days, I made my choice. EPC it is. The career options are wider and it provides a minor in business which will come useful for me in the future when I want to open up a bookstore or a publishing company. 

Ameen. 

However again, I still find myself thinking,

“Have I made the best choice?”

“Would I be happier and better off in literature, something I truly love?”

But I have made my mind and whatever happens, it all starts from now. The present. The choice and road I have paved for myself is the one I must stick to right till the very end.

Orientation week, or as they call it here Minggu Destini Siswa (MDS) wasn’t as bad as I thought it would. In fact, compared to the one that I had during foundation, this one was a lot better and definitely less energy-consuming. They provided buses for us to wherever the seniors wanted us to go. 

The important documents were dealt with, we got to know about the faculties and other departments in the campus of the University, met awesome and very patient seniors, got to befriend my new roomie who turns out to be a talented sportswoman in softball, burned a teensy bit of those horrible extra body fat I’ve been meaning to get rid of, and a lot of other things. In that week too, it allowed me to make many interesting friends from different type of backgrounds, personalities and with mind-blowing talents. 

Despite the rush to stuff as much food in my mouth as I could to run back to the hall for the next programme, gaining only 2-3 hours of sleep, wearing wrinkled clothes, compete for the showers at 4AM, and listening to talks from morning till close to midnight, somehow I still enjoyed every moment of it or at least pieces of it in between.

Tomorrow, classes will start once again. My friends from other  faculties like Mass Comm. have got their assignments and I’m almost breaking into a sweat waiting for mine. 

WHEN WILL THEY START COMING?!

Degree, as the seniors and lecturers keep telling us during every programme, is completely different from foundation, matriculation, diploma and STPM, especially when referred to the stack of assignments lecturers loveeee to hand over to us. I don’t know how to feel about it, at least not until I have them in my hands. I will just have to deal with them once I have them.

I can’t wait for the new semester to truly start!






You May Also Like

0 comments