Powered by Blogger.

How to Score in English Professional for Communication (EPC) - Dean List

by - Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Image result for microphone vector
(Audio version)

Assalamualaikum, Internet people!

And of course, since it's a very historical day for Malaysians, I would also like to say: 

"Happy Independence Day, Malaysia!"
Image result for independence day malaysia 59
It's her 59th birthday and she's doing us proud.

Although this does seem like an odd moment to choose to write about this topic for today's post, but I can't think of any suitable time to do it. The sooner, the better. 

So how to score in the course, English Professional for Communication (EPC)? This question can also be applied to other courses that are heavily influenced by language, or if you think any of my following tips can help you, then I would be really glad that it can! I want to reach out to my friends who can benefit them and maybe you have your own tips I can learn from!

I personally don't think it's hard to score in the course because all it takes is pure effort, and not really on one own's natural talents. Effort can change your whole fate in the future and that's what I did. Yes, I've had exposure to proper English early in my childhood years, but I don't let that become my sole factor to success. I would definitely fail if I were to rely on that. Discipline, time management, and balance are things that I hold on to to get dean list for two consecutive semesters.

So what can you do to score?
1. Practice, practice & more PRACTICE.
Image result for talking
Whether or not you have a natural flair in fluently speaking the language, no one can run away from practicing to converse in English frequently. It's really important that English becomes a huge part in your life. 

Once you have pledged into this course or any other courses that requires you to apply English, you would have to take any means to be as fluent in it as you can; both in writing and speaking.  

And since we happen to live in Malaysia, facing sneers and prejudice comments from others, including from your own friends and family, are predictable to come your way. 

But you know what? Just ignore it. You're in this course, not them. You want to be successful in this course, not them. And the only thing that can bring you down is letting them get to you and changing your mindset for the worse. 

Be your own person and take the lead to adopt English in your life!

Things you can do:
1. Speak in English whenever you're with friends from the same course or courses that uses English as its medium.

2. Converse in English when you're in campus and class.

3. Watch English movies without the subtitles (I recommend you guys to watch English classic movies like Jane Eyre, etc. because they use proper English pronunciation)

4. Try rapping!

5. Read lots of books, blogs and other materials. I buy newspapers on a regular basis and I make myself read them and talk about the things that attracts me to friends who are willing to hear about it. 

6. Start blogging! Honestly, blogging has changed my life from the moment I set one up. In school and in my foundation year, I never really practiced to write essays in my own time. I blog so often that typing in English was literally me practicing my writing! You can do whatever you like in your own blog, just as long as it is in English.

7. Have friends with good English to check your grammar when doing assignments.

2. Start your assignments early.
Image result for doing assignments

Wow, we're into assignments already? 

But I noticed that not everyone realize how important it is to do their assignments right and ahead of time. Being in a language course that heavily implements on assignments/practical work rather than exams, our marks really depend on how well we do with our assignments.

To score good with them, you need to start early. If you need to change anything at the last minute, you could still have time to recheck your whole work and later avoid common disasters like broken printers or virus infected files!

Not only that, by simply drafting your plans for your assignments, it would help you and your lecturers to view the general outlook of your assignments. It really helps in keeping up with ideas, things that need to be done and what you have already done.

3. It's all about balance!
Image result for balance college life

Don't hide under a rock, dedicating yourself to studying and doing assignments throughout your semesters. I'm telling you, it's not all that worth it because I've been in that phase before where scoring as the best student was my goal. It only made me unhappy.

You're in university now and this is the perfect time to discover about yourself. Divide time between studying and completing assignments, and joining in events like public speaking, volunteerism, idea pitching, SPORTS, your own business and so much more. I think it's really important that you expand your skills to add up with your academic performance. That way, you'd be an all-rounder person with skills and knowledge.

However, don't disturb the balance between your academics and personal activities. If you feel like joining a number of events is negatively affecting your grades, immediately reduce your participation in those activities and focus on your academics. 

I think I've summarised three of the most important aspects you'd need to score in EPC. I have more to say, but time is not on my hands today. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to comment in the box below and I'll answer them ASAP. Until next time!

*Credits to Google for images*


You May Also Like

0 comments