Powered by Blogger.

Creative writing : 1#

by - Sunday, January 15, 2017

1. Outside the Window: What’s the weather outside your window doing right now? If that’s not inspiring, what’s the weather like somewhere you wish you could be?

After slavering half the day over a self-portrait that I wanted to work, I shut my tattered sketchbook with a snap and placed it beside me when it didn’t turn out how I wanted it to be.

Image result for girl thinking clipart

It was harder than I thought.

I had to acknowledge the fact that drawing a simple face portrait of myself is near the impossible. I knew that I had enough of sketching for the last two days and needed to stop, or else I might draw myself the black hole of the universe and disappear into it forever. 

Determined not to be too disappointed with the results, I drew the curtains open to let fresh air into the musty room and clear the fuzz from my mind. Minuscule specks of dust diffused into the weak sunlight rays and swooped out through the ajar and barricaded windows to the afternoon air outside.  


The warm weather outside was lovely, I thought. A familiar flock of sparrows perched together on tiny branches of a tree by the kitchen window of my Chinese neighbour, apparently waiting for the leftover cooked rice she usually throws out for them. 

The peach painted walls of the neighbouring homes seemed to be basking in the sun and glistening in a soft pink hue. Small children in their once iron pressed uniforms, but now are wrinkled and inked of smudges of food and pencil lead swung on the swings, kicking off their constrictive white shoes and embracing freedom once again.

And out of this lovely picture of this afternoon's scenery, one odd little creature stood out rather clearly and defied all that is normal. Dessi, my little white feline cat sat cosily by the opposite window, paws out and observing everything as I do.


You May Also Like

0 comments