Powered by Blogger.

mary kay Skin Care Haul!

by - Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The long awaited package with my precious goodies has finally arrived!

yessssssssssss

To tell you the truth, I was more thrilled at the prospect of having a package specially delivered for me rather than the object inside it. I guess this is what happens when you've been receiving bills from the mailbox too long and expect nothing good would ever come from it.

I have never invested in skin care other than the recently used Hydrating Toner from Body Shop and my long time loyal Safi Face Cleanser (Cucumber). Those are it. 

They were good but they didn't really care for my skin as a whole... if you know what I mean.


I have normal to dry skin type, and its sensitive too. My mom and me discussed a lot whether it's a good idea to get this product because even if a lot of people loved it and recommend a dozen of others to try, my skin might not agree with it.   

Here's the thing, I've tried many skin care products before but they rarely get along with my skin. In fact, I would look horrendous with cracked and red skin that took days to become normal again.

We've heard positive reviews about mary kay though and so, we paid for a Botanical Effects Skin Care Pretty in Pink trial kit (samples) that included cleansing gel, moisturising gel, and toner. 

It's been almost two weeks and my skin feels divine (I can't find other words to describe it so this has to do for now). My skin is super smooth and there are fewer pores too which is probably the key ingredient to my overall skin "transformation". 

I told my mom that it's almost like I'm emitting "cahaya nur" from my face. Ha! But it's true, my skin glows in a healthy and natural way, and I do feel more confident.

However, I couldn't tolerate with the toner because my skin would go all flaky. I resorted back to my trusty Body Shop Hydrating Toner and things have been awesome ever since.

Which leads to these!

mary kay Botanical Effects Cleansing Gel (127 g)
RM75


mary kay Botanical Effects Moisturizing Gel 
(85 g)
RM85


mary kay Botanical Effects Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30
50 ml
RM65

Skin care products are a bit pricey, that I will gladly agree but they are promising investments in the long run when it comes to caring for you. 

The agent who we often contact with suggested I should try Botanical Effects Skin Care Naturally Simple the next time I decide to purchase their products again. The ones that I'm using now are mostly suitable for teens and young adults with relatively oily skin. That might explain why using their toner left my skin dry.

But all in all, this skin care is certainly doing its job for me and I'm likin' the results!

What skin care products are you investing into? And which ones do you think works best?

Hope to hear from you and until next time, thanks for reading!


You May Also Like

0 comments