Powered by Blogger.

Readers Problem Book Tag

by - Wednesday, February 22, 2017



Click here to listen to the audio version!

I'm honestly being a guiltless hypocrite by posting about this particular tag about books because I know, and YOU now know, that I barely read books these days.

Oh the shame!


Okay, maybe I'm underestimating myself too because I do read... sort of... but not through physical books. I'm often glued to my phone browsing for good stories on Wattpad. I swear they have books that cater exactly to your preferences. But that's another story.


This tag which was originally created by a Booktuber by the name Tiffany, will be about some problems that I find when I'm reading. If you can relate, give me a hoot in the comment/discussion box below and if you have some interesting stories to tell about your experience with books, go right ahead and tell me!


Let's begin!


1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?

Okay, before I answer this, I have just about 300-400 books at home, and about 4 books are on my TBR list. But usually, if there are too many books for me to choose from, I usually pick out the ones that are the most updated/recent and ones that I can foresee myself actually complete reading them.

2. You are halfway through a book and you're just not loving it. Do you quit or committed?

Most of the time, I would definitely stop reading books I don't find enjoyable. Spare me the pain please. I used to just keep on reading them though but I found out that my brain would go numb afterward.

That ain't a good sign!


3. The end of the year is coming and you're so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?

Yes, I definitely will try to get back on track in boosting my reading progress. Even if it seems unlikely that I could successfully beat the challenge. One way is to set a one-book in every one/two weeks at a time. Always pick the books I know I would enjoy because that's the most important thing of all.

Of course, I won't pressure myself too much. Reading should always be about ENJOYING and taking your sweet time to savor books. It's different from studying.


4. The covers of a series you love do not match. How do you cope?

I'm honestly not a picky reader when it comes to book covers. As long as the individual book looks pretty with an even promising plot and story inside, that's enough for me.

5. Everyone and their mother love a book you really don't like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?

As much as I would love to say I'm an updated bookworm with the current and trendy reads, I'm not. Books are crazy expensive so I can't always afford the shiny new books that come fresh into the bookstores. I mostly read whatever interesting books I can salvage in book fairs, secondhand sales and of course, the rare visit to the bookstores. But if say there's a book that everyone seems to fall in love with and I don't (TFIOS), I would rant it here for you lovely people to read.

Or in my half-abandoned Youtube channel.



6. You're reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
Get this: I HATE crying. Whether it's for a movie, documentary, news reports or whatever, I just don't like it. Crying over books is common for me (despite how I feel) and if it were to happen in public, I probably just turn around and head somewhere private real quick to slap myself back to reality. 

I don't actually mean literally slapping myself by the way. Hahaha Just giving myself strong words to keep my soul from breaking to pieces.

Just today, I was sniveling unattractively over a scene in a story about how the heroine had a really tragic childhood and suffered scars on her body. 

I need to buy more tissues.

7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you've forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis from Goodreads? Cry in frustration?
It depends on a lot of factors. If I especially love that particular series, I might consider rereading it again. If not, I'd just convince myself that I probably have EVERYTHING installed in my brain and I would remember it all as I read through the new sequel.

8. You do not want anyone, ANYONE from borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?

I'm quite protective over my books but I honestly don't mind if people come up to me to borrow some of them. In fact, if they are really interested, I would feel very much obliged to recommend a few books myself! I'll just tell them to give them back in a month or so, and that's how things usually go.

7. Reading ADD. You've picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
WATCH BOOK HAULS!!! Wow, you have no idea how envious I get when I see people show off their fine "catch" of books they bought for the world to see, or when they excitedly unbox books. 

I will always feel like I need to continue with my reading too. TBR wrap-ups don't budge me that much but they do remind me that I got my own stack of books waiting for my undivided attention.



8. There are so many new books coming out that you're dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
If I were to follow my heart, BUY-EVERY-SINGLE-ONE-OF-THEM but since the world/reality doesn't work that way, I might only have to do with just one book purchase. 

Again, books are pricey and they can range from RM30-RM40 ish and that's enough to leave a significant empty space in my purse where cash was once there.

9. After you've bought the new books you can't wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Remember when I told you that I'm in between reading physical books and my commitment to Wattpad, it might mean that these books might be on my shelf for a month or more. But probably not for very long. If I have to buy books with my own money, they're usually books that I would love a LOT and carefully hand-picked.

I love this tag! If you do, write a post about it too and leave the link below for me to read them. hehe

Thanks for dropping by! 



You May Also Like

0 comments