Powered by Blogger.

The Endless List of Expectations

by - Friday, February 17, 2017


Hello, peeps! Merely just hours ago, like precisely at 1:15 AM, I was jostled from my deep fitful slumber to a soft ringing tone from my phone. Not expecting much, I tapped the password and the screen opens up.

My eyes grew wider.

It was here...

I had been waiting for so long for it and now that it was finally here, I somehow didn't want to see it.

But I had to. Everyone had already seen it.

I tapped on the link and waited 3 excruciating seconds. A new page started to load and there it was.
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

My final examination results. By this time, my heart which was beating at a steady pace now pumped faster for what was being anticipated. I slowly scrolled down the page to the CGPA/GPA section....


Dean list.

Alhamdulillah. I think I cried a bit after checking the page over and over again so that it wasn't just an insane dream I have again, but it's there. 

The previous semester had been very difficult; spending hours of sleepless nights finishing off assignments and facing tests that were stacked one after another, and they finally proved their worth. Only Allah can be truly thanked for keeping me strong even though I was so desperately close to giving up. There are also my lecturers who never gave up on all of us, friends and relatives who supported me and each other till the end. May we do better this time around!

The new semester will come up soon in a matter of weeks and I've a list of goals I've set for myself so that I'd do better. For me, I don't think I've pushed myself hard enough. Like I know I could have done much better if I didn't limit myself to my lazy comfort zone.


Some goals!
Maintain good handwriting (I'm being completely serious)
Get that 50 KG figure!
Become more independent
Get 10,000 readers up in this blog!
Go for weekly swimming routines!
Succeed to yellow/green belt (karate) by the end of next semester 
Top ALL tests
I even wrote them in my journal!

Image result for flower chain imagesImage result for flower chain images 
 What are your goals for this semester? 

Share some of them in the comment box below! I would love to hear from you. 







You May Also Like

0 comments