Powered by Blogger.

This is serious biz: Sunshine Blogger Award

by - Wednesday, March 01, 2017

                          

This is probably one of the most exciting blog post YET.  I'm a complete newbie/noob or call me anything you like when it comes to blogging. I've only started to seriously put my mind to blogging  just late last year!

And because of that, I would like to thank Nurul Afifah for thoughtfully tagging me to this very sunshiny award and allowing me to blog about something different. Afifah's blog is easily one of my favourite blogs to visit because she writes wonderful posts that cover just about everything; from blogging to quirky topics that really highlights her personality. It's casual and easy-to-read posts and I love it. You guys should hop over to her blog soon! 

Before I start off with the 11 fun questions that Afifah has sent to me, I have to first explain what ON EARTH is this award about and who's eligible to get it. It's easy! The SunShine Blogger Award is for anyone who is the source of your smiles. It can be anyone you think who deserves it; blogger or not. 

  • Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
  • Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
  • Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
  • List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
And let the questions roll in!


Image result for motivated gif

1. Introduce yourself as if you really want me to know you and you know I wouldn't judge even if you say your secret crush is Hitler, OR just introduce yourself in five words. 


You know what, this is probably the one question I dread to answer the most. I'm not sure how to describe myself in words other than I'm very friendly and too chatty for my own good! I have the cliche nerdy appearance but with a dash of a strong passion for sports and writing. I love sarcasm. It literally dribbles from my mouth whenever I talk about something but never beyond than what is acceptable. Basically, sharing jokes with friends is a special hobby I greatly want to be good at.

2. If you never have to work and never have to worry about money anymore, what will you do?


Okay, I like this question! Well, if I didn't have to worry about money and ever getting a job, I would go out and travel. I don't travel that very often and the last trip was in Jakarta a few weeks back. However, I haven't been anywhere else before that. I'm the sort of person who easily gets restless when I'm not given anything to do and I despise to stay indoors for too long.


3. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?

So far in my twenty-ish years living on Earth, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary. My life is pretty boring. I mean, other than that one time I climbed over the school gate during school hours, nothing else happened. At least, not something crazy of course.

4. Favourite movie of all time and why so?


I was about to say Harry Potter (and it is my fave) but another movie which tops all the others on my list is Pride and Prejudice 2007 film. OHMYGOSH, I've been watching this movie so often without fail for the last few weeks and it never bores me. It's really good! Austenland is also a great movie to watch. I just love everything with the theme victorian really. 

Image result for pride and prejudice 2007

5. Share with me your quirky-est nickname and how did you get that?


Because I was such a weird kid back then, it was only natural that people gave me even weirder nicknames. The quirkiest that I had ever gotten was when I was in primary school in Year 3 or 4, I can't really remember, but my support group and teacher assistant called me "Boo" because I was such a shy and quiet little thing. 

It only makes me cringe now whenever I think about it and you don't know how immensely relieved I feel that I just go by Wani these days. 

Awful childhood story to the side and on to the next question!

6. What is your greatest weakness?

There are so many that they're literally countless! But there is one I really hope to get over soon and that is my struggle to not pull myself back in getting what I want. To put it in easier terms (because I tend to go on forever), I have low self-confidence. 


Of course, it's true that everyone has it at some point or other but it's a huge obstacle for me on an everyday basis sort of thing. The only method I found to help me "cure" off this negativity is to actually force myself to be active in clubs and contests. I'm throwing myself out of my comfort zone and accepting the idea to trust myself more in handling different situations.

7. What is your greatest strength?


What began as a little pastime when I was a kid has now become my biggest strength today - writing. I don't think I can imagine what I can do without it. I wouldn't end up as a writer, I wouldn't be blogging and I definitely wouldn't be in a course in college with my career goals set for the future.

It's a skill I will never trade for the world!

8. What is your best childhood memory?


Orange, red and a hint of yellow. I won't ever forget the breath-taking scenery of my favourite season, autumn. I used to keep this huge scrapbook cramped together in a hard cover folder. During the autumn seasons, I would stuff pretty leaves inside my shirt (don't ask) that I find in between my walks and school recess.

I had to be careful though because the dinner ladies thought it was unhygienic and would tell us to throw them away before break was over. I knew better so I hid my stash of dried leaves behind a bush near my class and later pick them up after school was over.

9. If you can only keep five possessions, what would that be?


A good novel, my identification card (hahaha Should I?), money, phone and my trusty cat, Dessi.

10What is the biggest character turn-off for you?


Nothing displeases me more than an irresponsible person who later would also strain others. Everybody commits mistakes because no-one is perfect, not even if we all try to be. But even if that is so, it's not an excuse to throw away what is supposedly someone's duty or role like it's a piece of crumpled old paper and expecting others to take over.

11. If you could have any superpower, what power would it be and why? - it must be skills, not something like time-travelling or immortality.



Gosh, you know I would love the idea of being able to fly or elevate myself in the air. Ironically, yes, I'm absolutely terrified of heights although it depends on specific contexts like if I had to climb down from somewhere high or other. But YES, I still would love to fly!




Thanks a gazillion to Afifah for sending me and other lucky bloggers this set of questions! It really made my day to answer them all!

And here is my own list of bloggers I'd like to forward this tag to. Again, I'm still new in blogging (seriously I mean) so I haven't had the pleasure to get to know that many talented bloggers just yet.


Here are my 11 questions for all of you! By the way, if you want to be tagged, just let me know. At the moment, I would love to know as many talented bloggers as possible.  :)

1. Of course, for self-introductory purposes, I would want to know you all better. Sketch a self portrait!

2. What character in a book or movie you would love to meet? And why?

3. What's your favourite day of the week?

4. What's your biggest accomplishment?

5. What's a weird habit that you do?

6. Which part of your personality you hope people would see most?

7. What makes you bored?

8. How often do you go for blogwalking?

9. Which food out of all your faves you would never give up?

10. What was the laziest thing that you did?

11. What was the last thing that you bought for yourself?


Have fun answering these questions and thanks for visiting my blog!


You May Also Like

0 comments