What's in My Bag?

21 September 2020

When it comes to bags, I've always been pretty much your typical backpack kind of girl. School had a lot to do with my preference in a lot of things since what I carried mostly consisted of books that could at times be horrendously heavy. And then there was the fact that I used to think handbags were for "grownup ladies" and I didn't think I could picture an image of myself looking so grownup with a handbag hung over my shoulder. 

Still, I grew a little older and I've taken a liking towards handbags. They just look so pretty to carry around and when it comes to formal occasions like private dinners, weddings and the like, bringing a laptop backpack doesn't seem very appealing. Not only that, sometimes, I would want to escape from looking like a student all the time especially when I'm with friends. Handbags or a pretty casual backpack seems to be a more practical and smaller option to hold my things.

Until today, I own three different handbags and all fit for different occasions. For today, I'll be talking about my more favourite option out of the three. Here she issssss!


This simple black bag is my most preferred item to carry around when I'm on short outings with friends and just anywhere else. It's not anything branded and it cost me just above RM100 from a sale event at KL Central late last year. I never regretted making this purchase and it's been with me wherever I go.


As you can tell, despite how small this bag is, I could store a lot of stuff that I want to bring around with me. This is also going to sound super random but I love that this bag is so squishy! Anyway, these are my usual items in my bag these days:

Book | I haven't read much these days but I'll always make an effort to carry a book with me wherever I go. It's more out of habit than because of the need to feed my actual reading habits. A good book makes good company in long train rides or when I'm waiting for my food order at a restaurant.

Mask pouch | Since masks aren't always durable, I would have an extra in my bag for emergencies. I keep at least one in a pouch.

Purse | Girl, I can't go anywhere without my purse! It's nothing fancy. I had this passed down to me from my sister and if you personally know me, I can never say no to a cute pink purse.


Makeup pouch | I keep all my makeup essentials that are travel friendly in this small pouch I got as a door gift from a friend's wedding recently. It's so cute and handy to carry just the right amount of things I need without having them spilling everywhere inside the rest of my handbag. In here, there's always a concealer, two lipsticks of different shades (must be ready to rise to any occasion), a blusher and its brush (I can't find one that's smaller in size. I'm still on a lookout for one), and a light moisturiser.

Hand sanitiser | Even before the pandemic knocked on our door months ago, I've always kept a steady hand sanitiser or a packet of anti-bacterial wet tissues with me. I've been using this particular bottle for months now and there's no sign that it'll be used up any time soon! 

Black pen | A pen is always handy when you need it. Sometimes, I need it to sign anything like  visitor logs before going inside a shop or public places when the QR code on my app isn't working (it always does this on my phone ugh). 

So what are your current "must haves" in your handbag? Share about them in the comments below!

23 comments

  1. bagnya kecik je tpi boleh sumbat buku ya. itulah ajaib beg perempuan xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betul! Kadang2 siap boleh tolong bawakkan barang orang lain sekali. 🤣 Magical handbags indeed!

      Delete
  2. Nice, I should start putting books into my bag too. Dlu wktu student I always have a book with me then dh start kerja ni jadi malas sudah.
    Now gotta resume that routine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, same here! I used to read quite a lot before I graduated from degree. I guess, what with work and other responsibilities, our old reading habits just tend to be put to the side most of the time. But, happy reading attempt to the both of us! I hope we'll get back to this precious hobby like how we used to.

      Delete
  3. I used to carry book with me too before but I don't remember why I stop. It's a good habit in my opinion. I have nothing extraordinary in my bag nowadays. Purse, makeup pouch, keys and gadget pouch where I put my earbud and pendrive. I don't know why I think pendrive is an essential tho. Hahaha. I really like this kind of post (ehem nosy hahaha) and I enjoy this post a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe It's no biggie, Nurul! I think a lot of our friends who drop by my blog like these kinds of posts too - super casual and personal. I don't think I've done much of these in a while! Yes, I have to agree with you about the book habit thing. I would have to blame myself for being too sucked in with my phone to read at least a page a day. Sis needs better self-control sometimes. But anyway, a pendrive might come in handy when you can't access your google drive or other cloud storage sites. You can think of it as an emergency tool when the time calls!

      Delete
  4. for this time, the items that I always have in my handbags are only money and bank card 😂 jarang dah keluar semenjak start pkp haritu hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I usually just leave all these things in the same bag because I don't always go out during covid. It's always the same things that I carry with me too!

      Delete
  5. love your beg!! beli dekat mana cantikkk <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Thank you so much, Syadiya! I bought them from a sale at a booth in NU Central just before MCO, it's been my companion for a while now. But you can get similar looking bags in Zalora or shopee! Semua cantik2 and murah.

      Delete
  6. Your bag is so pretty. Something that caught my intentions is the pen haha. Cause i feel the same too. As for me, i really need at least one pen in every bag. Hahaha. Btw, i visit and follow your blog, thanks for visit my mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miera! Thank you so much for following my blog. Yesss, a pen is so handy these days especially with the pandemic. It's much safer to have your own pen if you need it for anything.

      Delete
  7. We all have that one small bag that fit in the whole world in it 😂 but hey same, I love to carry a book too. I used to bring a book to read but now more to my sketch book hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sketch book?! That's so creative of you! Could save so much time being creative while you're not busy or need to let your mind free for a while. hehe

      Delete
  8. you can fill the whole things inside it! hahaha


    drop by at my blog,cause i make suprise box for other blogger

    https://nasuha-itsmyessay.blogspot.com/2020/10/aku-bagi-suprise-box-pada-kasihku-amani.html?showComment=1602160607340#c8257979958376436283

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hewo Cuya!! Yes, the wonders of a small bag. Who knew it can fit so much things. 🤣

      Delete
  9. I've never really know what I have in my bag but one thing fr sure, it's a total mess hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ray! I have to agree. It'll look all nice and neat at the start of the week, and then a wreck within a day. Messy handbags are just the way to go. 🤣

      Delete
  10. I used to bring big backpack around lol since I need to fit my laptop - literally cant live without it! Well, until I read somewhere that it is not good for our back/shoulder + I was advised during physio session to avoid such habit :')))

    I changed to mini handbag like yours, and man it is a life changing one ehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dulu2 selalu bawak buku cerita ke hulur ke hilir but I've stopped sebab for some reason my book selalu jadi rosak. Maybe sbb tak cover dengan book sleeve pastu edges dia jadi buruk *cries* Anyways, dalam beg saya WAJIB ada TISSUE!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I'm working since we need to bring the laptop back to home, I don't have a fancy handbag. Instead, I have a laptop bag to keep chargers, and the pc.

    Your bag looks cute btw!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i thought thats only me always carrying black pen ! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete